LEAGUE / UNIVERSE NEWS

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 09:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

HIFL ON LOCKDOWN: BANK OF AMSTERDAM REPORTS DEPLETION OF AMSTERDAM SMOKE ACCOUNT DUE TO RUSSIAN CYBER ATTACK, TEAM LEFT WITHOUT FUNDS!

DEVELOPING -- The Amsterdam Smoke have been alerted that their organizations accounts with the First National Bank of Amsterdam have been completely depleted and locked by what is being called one of the most sophisticated cyber attacks in history. 

The Smokes' owner Puff Adder is said to have now attempted to reach out to the Russian Hacker organization "Children of Veritas" in an effort to negotiate on his own to save his organization.  The Netherlands do not have a viable protection or ability to reimburse without a lengthy process, leaving the team in an extremely vulnerable position to where the could be unable to fulfill contractual obligations for pay to players and staff.

More as this develops.

SOURCE: JIM ZEBOW (HIFL INSIDER)

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

COMMISSIONER WILKINSON: "THE FBI HAS INFORMED US OF POSSIBLE SAFTETY BREACHES REGUARDING HIFL STADIUMS CONNECTED TO VERTIAS HACKS." TEAMS MAY BE UNABLE TO PLAY GAMES IN THEIR STADIUMS IN SEASON 17!

SOURCE: CLEO RICKARD (CLEOTALKSSPORTS.COM)

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

GM UNION MEETING AS OWNERS MEET WITH COMMISSIONER - LEAGUE CONSIDERING DRASTIC MEASURES TO THWART HACKING THREATS AMID DEMANDS FOR RANSOM PAYMENT AND "EXPOSURE" OF NEW SEATTLE OWNER

Could a highly controversial Artificial Intelligence be the solution the HIFL needs?  Would the HIFL consider paying a rumored $28MM ransom to a group of Russian Hackers to get their teams back from a digital prison?  Would the owners really sign off on the highly effective but extremely polarizing Jack Bowser to help find a solution?

The HIFL is currently exploring all options as a source inside the league office stated "all options are currently on the table, this is DEFCON1."  The 32 owners and league commissioner Riley Wilkinson are meeting in Amsterdam today to discuss what to do.  An insider revealed the reason for meeting in Amsterdam was that due to the secondary attack on Amsterdam financial institutions has left Amsterdam Smoke owner Puff Adder without the funds or means to travel.

Meanwhile, the GM Union has gathered for a digital conference to discuss another option.  An anonymous GM indicated that the Seattle Lumberjacks GM, Henry Stark has proposed integrating a YTSI developed A.I. into all HIFL systems to repel the attackers and safeguard the league from a future attack but this option has caused an uproar within the ranks of the league due to the potential for unintended information sharing that some feel could create a competitive or corporate disadvantage as the A.I. would potentially collect information from any/all systems it encounters.

The Children of Veritas have set a deadline of 48 hours to be paid.  Meaning if no other resolution is reached devastating consequences could result.

Can the HIFL GM Union put aside their differences and come together? 

More as this develops.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

HIFL OWNERS VOTE 18-14 AGAINST AUTHORIZING JACK BOWSER TO STOP CYBER THREATS: "THE RISK IS JUST TOO GREAT IF HE DOES WHAT HE ALWAYS DOES."

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

REPORT: COMISSIONER WILKINSON FRUSTRATED WITH "STUBBORN OWNERS" AFTER EMERGENCY MEETING ENDS WITH HEATED ARGUMENTS INSTEAD OF SOLUTIONS

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

OWNERS PUT TRUST IN GM REP PANCHO LIBRE, GIVING AUTHORITY TO DECIDE BETWEEN PAYMENT AND AI SOLUTION

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.  GM Pancho Libre, the acting GM Union leader has been tasked with making a decision that could impact the very fabric of the HIFL as we know it.

With options and time running thin, the Owners have collectively agreed to support whichever decision GM Pancho decides.   The scenarios break down as follows:

Pay Ransom - $28MM payment to the Children of Veritas.  With no assurances, only trusting the word of an anonymous Russian hacker group who appear to have a vendetta with Seattle owner Halifax Yutani-Tyrell.
The group claims that after being paid and getting a verbal confession of alleged crimes from Tyrell, they will restore all functions and funds to the HIFL.

AI integration - With Seattle's AI having successfully defeated the hackers, this option will not cost, but does come with concerns of data privacy and ethical dilemmas.  While the method has succeeded in Seattle, others are afraid it could fail, leaving the Hackers with a better position of power due to the lack of other options. 

All eyes are on GM Pancho as the biggest decision of his career could be coming at any time.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

LEAGUE OFFICE REGAINS CONTROL OF SYSTEMS THANKS TO "REMARKABLE" ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FROM YUTANI-TYRELL SPACE INSTITUTE!

The HIFL announced today that the league office had successfully regained control with no traces of trouble from the Children of Vertias hacker group.     The league credited the "remarkable" AI program named "Sophia" for recovering control of the systems that had been taken over in a hostile cyber attack earlier this week, crippling the league's systems and threatening the entire 2026 season.

While the hackers have been repelled, "Sophia" did identify a disturbing series of plans for potential physical and cyber attacks on the league's 32 stadiums that have raised concerns and brought about the discussion of possibly cancelling, postponing, or relocating games for this upcoming season.

More on this story as it develops.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

HIFL HACK AFTERMATH: WHAT IS NEXT FOR THE HIFL?

A week after the HIFL was viciously attacked by Russian cyber pirates the football world continues to recover and adjust as the league looks to return to its normal off-season schedule.

Here is what we have learned in the fallout of the attempted heist of the century.

> the HIFL owners have come together to fund a new advanced cyber security system to prevent a future attack of this nature.  The system is said to be the most advanced civilian system the world has ever seen.

> Long Beach Owner Neil Cohen was animated in his refusal to accept help from the YTSI A.I. but was overridden by the super-majority vote of the other owners. He has threatened to take the Mermen out of the HIFL and potentially join the PFL in what could be the biggest departure in league history.

> Internet sleuths have deep dived YTSI's off-shore terraforming projects, no signs of human trafficking or displacement of persons has been found despite the claims of the Russian Hacker Organization.

> YTSI has offered to convert the YTSI island chains located near Japan and Bermuda respectively to host a Season 17 "Bubble" if the league is unable to ensure security at home stadiums as a result of the plans discovered during the expulsion of the hackers.

> The Amsterdam Smoke have recovered all assets, but Puff Adder is said to be eying an exit from ownership citing age and health concerns.  While his children have expressed interest in taking over the company the chance of a sale is also possible.

> The league hopes to open head coach interviews in the next few days now that business can resume thanks to the work of the GM Union, YTSI, and the Owners.

We will have more on these stories as they continue to develop.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

NO BUBBLE NEEDED: YTSI SECURITY DEVELOPMENT ENSURES SAFETY OF HIFL BALLPARKS, HAL TYRELL TAKES VICTORY LAP AS NEW CYBER SECURITY UNIT EXPOSES RUSSIAN HACKERS IDENTITIES AND RESULTS IN ARRESTS!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

BREAKING NEWS: KNOTT STING SELLS LAS VEGAS SCORPIONS, SHOCKING LEAGUE BY ANNOUNCED RON PORSCHE AS BUYER!

LAS VEGAS -- Knott Sting is officially out as owner of the Vegas Scorpions.  The reigning Impact Bowl Championship were officially sold this morning and the football world was shocked to learn who purchased the club.

Las Vegas Gamblers owner, Ron Porsche, has purchased the HIFL's Las Vegas franchise for a jaw dropping $6 Billion.  With the move, Porsche now owns the HIFL and PFL clubs in Las Vegas which is an unprecedented action as no HIFL or PFL owner has owned a team in both leagues. 

The HIFL owners as a majority voted to allow the sale with the condition that the two Vegas clubs could not complete trades with one another due to the obvious conflict of interest.

Porsche, a cunning and cut throat businessman is said to have a very greedy personality and a lust for power.  Now with a team in two leagues including the reigning Champions of the HIFL and the western conference runner ups in the PFL, he is on his way to fulfilling that desire.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

BLUFF CALLED: COMMISSIONER SAYS "IF YOU WANT OUT, THEN GO." AFTER LONG BEACH OWNER THREATENS TO EXIT LEAGUE,  COHEN BACKS DOWN, COMMITS TO 2026 SEASON!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

HALL OF FAME RB JOSE MACKEY SET FOR DAY 1 INTERVIEW WITH MERMEN FOR VACANT HC POSITION!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

JESSICA WOODS SET TO INTERVIEW ON DAY 1 WITH NEW JERSEY DRAGONS!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DEAN HOFFMAN SET TO MEET WITH VEGAS AS VETERAN COACH ENTERTAINS RETURN TO NCAA OR RETIREMENT

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

MUMBASA MOVES TO THE TOP OF MICHIGAN'S LIST, SET FOR DAY 1 INTERVIEW IN TEAMS NEW DETROIT HEADQUARTERS

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

WITH INTERVIEW REQUESTS IN HIGH DEMAND, JOSEPH ITO SET TO MEET WITH PEARL HARBOR ON DAY ONE!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

JOHN HAWLEY AGREES TO MEET WITH CHARLOTTE ON DAY ONE OF HEAD COACHING HIRING PERIOD!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

RETURN OF THE MACK!   FORMER MERMEN LEGEND JOSE MACKEY RETURNS AS 6TH HEAD COACH IN LONG BEACH!

LONG BEACH -- The Mack is back in Hollywood.  The Long Beach Mermen have agreed in principle to a deal to bring former MVP running back Jose Mackey to the Mermen as head coach.   

Once teams are "officially" allowed to sign new coaching signings Mackey is expected to be formally introduced by GM Waters AKA THE BIG DOG.

Mackey retired after season 7 and then served as offensive coordinator for the New Jersey Dragons from S9 thru Season 11 before moving on to become the head coach in St. Paul from season 12-15.  This season Mackey took on the job of O.C. in New Jersey once again but newly hired GM Ryan Storm and head coach Joan Swope elected to not re-sign him as the offense looked to move in a new direction.

Now Mackey steps into his second HC position, this time coaching the team he lead offensively on the field for years. 

The BIG DOG is said to have had her eyes on Mackey since the moment she decided not to bring back Jessica Woods, so the move does not surprise many, but it has clearly excited the fan base.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

LUCK OF THE IRISH: NOTRE DAME HC LIAM McKENNA LEAVING PROGRAM TO TAKE OVER NEW-LOOK DALLAS MARIACHIS AS GM LOMBARDI MAKES FIRST MAJOR MOVE AS GM!

DALLAS -- The first and possibly only NCAA to HIFL head coach hiring is set to be made official later today as the Dallas Mariachis are set to make Notre Dame's Liam McKenna the second head coach in Franchise history.

After leading the Fighting Irish to a 32-8 record during his three seasons as head coach along with a pair of bowl wins and a S14 College Football Playoff run that ended in the semi-finals, Liam McKenna is headed for the pros.  A very aggressive coach known for his meticulous game planning, McKenna had just agreed to terms on a new 5-year deal with the Irish worth $8MM per season, but Dallas has inked the high profile college coach to a 3 year deal worth a reported $12MM per season to help cover the buyout in the deal with Notre Dame.

GM Lombardi is expected to introduce himself to the press later this week and also introduce his new head coach, all eyes will be on Dallas now to see what direction the new administration chooses to go.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

AFTER LEADING MERMEN TO DIVISIONAL ROUND PLAYOFF EXIT, JESSICA WOODS SIGNING 4 YEAR DEAL WITH NEW JERSEY DRAGONS!

NEWARK --  Benson Stark, Joan Swope, and now Jessica Woods.  Three names with family history in the HIFL all now connect to the rich history of the New Jersey Dragons.   Today Jessica Woods is expected to be announced as the 3rd head coach in Dragons franchise history coming off of the heels of a surprising departure from Long Beach where she lead the team to a wild card round playoff win after a franchise best 11-win season.

Woods the daughter of Alabama Nighthawks founder and football coaching legend Bear Woods, has been praised universally for her knowledge of both offense and defense having served as a defensive coordinator, scouting director, and offensive coordinator during her coaching career prior to becoming head coach of the Tottenham Bats before GM BIG DOG made the move to Long Beach, bringing Woods along to retain her role as head coach in Long Beach. However a series of off-field incidents involving alcohol have left a bad taste in the mouths of some decision makers which is rumored to be the reason GM BIG DOG moved on from the talented football mind this off-season.

Woods is expected to be introduced officially later this week.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DRAFT BUZZ: APP STATE CORNER JOHNNY VICTORY SAYS "STAYING IN THE SOUTHEAST IS VERY IMPORTANT" AFTER BEING ASKED ABOUT PLAYING FOR ONE OF THE LEAGUES INTERNATIONAL CLUBS!

BOONE -- Cornerback Johnny Victory has been discussed as a top 10 pick ever since exploding onto the scene last season for the App State Mountaineers, however his stock could begin to slip after the young defender made it clear he was not wanting to travel far from his home state of North Carolina during a pre-draft television interview.

During the interview Victory was asked how he would feel traveling to London, Amsterdam, Sydney, or even Pearl Harbor due to their long travel times.    Victory quickly responded by saying: "The international teams are really my worst nightmare.  I've got family to provide for and take care of and I can't be taking 30+ people with me across the sea, hell I'm really hoping I stay in the south.  Theres a lot of teams in the south east.  Charlotte, Music City, Myrtle Beach, Alabama, Atlanta, Orlando, even Miami but that's starting to get too far out for my liking, real talk.   -- in a perfect world, I'm just not wanting to play somewhere I can't bring my family."

As the comments made their rounds, Victory began to quickly fall down a lot of draft boards, leaving his future in question.

SOURCE: MEL KIPER JR (ESPN)

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DRAFT BUZZ: FLORIDA CORNER AND HIFL DRAFT HOPEFUL DUSTIN SEALS ARRESTED AFTER VIDEO OF HIM SHOVING GIRLFRIEND INTO SAN ANTONIO RIVER AFTER ARGUMENT!

SAN ANTONIO -- 21 year old cornerback Dustin Seals was arrested early this morning after security camera footage outside of a riverwalk bar showed him shoving his girlfriend into the river after what appeared to be a heated exchange Saturday night.

Seals is a now-former Florida Gator who was in Texas to prepare for the upcoming Amateur Draft Scouting Combine but with his recent arrest he may have done irreparable damage to his draft stock.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

BREAKING NEWS: LINEBACKER JEREMIAH COTTER ANNOUNCES DECISION TO RETIRE AFTER 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS ACCIDENT COSTS DEFENDER MULTIPLE FINGERS!

CHARLOTTE -- After an accident involving illegal fireworks from South Carolina, Jeremiah Cotter is calling it a career earlier than expected. The older brother of the notorious Stephen Cotter, Jeremiah ends his career after 5 seasons across 5 franchises.  During his 5 year career the BBB Academy product compiled 492 tackles, 20 TFL, 25 forced fumbles, 19 sacks, 9 Interceptions, and 29 Pass Disruptions along with 4 defensive touchdowns, two of which came last season in what many called his best all-around season of his career.

Reports have emerged that after hearing that incoming GM Michael Lane was looking to potentially move on from the linebacker, Cotter drove into South Carolina to purchase mortar style fireworks which are not legal in North Carolina.  Later than evening while lighting and launching the fireworks in front of friends and family, Jeremiah made a mistake and a firework detonated in his hands, causing serious injuries.

Speaking to reports from a hospital bed in Charlotte, Cotter said: "In the end I was a little preoccupied in my head space thinking about my future, and I guess the decision was made for me when that fuse was too short. It sucks because I feel like I was playing better than I ever played before, but I guess now I can focus more on getting my G.E.D."

The injury violates the leagues personal conduct and safety clauses in player contracts and Charlotte has been granted a waiver for the fully guaranteed contract of Cotter opening cap space while Cotter is paid by the league office's player health insurance benefit, a program started by Riley Wilkinson when she took over as the leagues' commissioner.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DRAFT BUZZ: ELIJAH PEPPERS TO SKIP SCOUTING COMBINE, SAYS HIS BODY OF WORK SHOWS WHY HE SHOULD BE #1 OVERALL DRAFT PICK!

ST PAUL -- As many HIFL hopefuls making the leap from NCAA to the HIFL work on their position drills and prepare for the HIFL Amateur Draft Scouting Combine in St. Paul, Minnesota later this month, at least one high profile name is opting not to participate.

Elijah Peppers, the former North Carolina Tar Heel who set records during his 2 1/2 seasons at Chapel Hill, announced on his social media platforms that he would not be participating in any pre-draft workouts or interviews, stating "I have been advised that my body of work should speak for itself, that is why I will not be making any public or private appearances or workouts until Draft Day when I walk across the stage to accept my cap and jersey when I am selected #1 overall."

Peppers departed the University of North Carolina after teammate Sean Pope's torn biceps ended his season and a tweaked knee of his own lead to an injury scare, Peppers decided it was best to stop playing amateur ball and begin preparing for the transition to the pros.  In week 10 he announced his decision to depart the team and university, thus disqualifying him from any post season honors from the NCAA.
In Season 15, he was named ACC Player of the Year, 1st Team All-American, Lombardi Award winner, Bednarik Award winner, and even received votes for the Heisman trophy, but this season clearly Peppers eyes were on his transition to the pros as he was rumored to be considering "shutting it down" and sitting out his entire season to avoid injury or damaging his draft stock in any other way.

The 20 year old is the most hyped defensive end, possibly ever, but some have questioned his drive and character after his decision to isolate himself and depart the University as it pushed to win another National Championship.  It will be very interesting to see if any of the other highly touted prospects in this class can gain momentum during the pre-draft process and stake a claim to the #1 overall pick or if Peppers short yet historic run in college is enough to make him the top pick regardless.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DRAFT BUZZ: CAL-BERKLEY OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR CALLS FORMER STAR RB "PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM!" DURING CHARITY BANQUET!

BERKLEY -- Just weeks before the start of the scouting combine, running back Lawrence Lockett suddenly finds himself working up hill.  The 5th year senior who rushed for 3361 yards and 33 TDs across his three seasons as a starter had his best season this year rushing for 1532 yards and 14 scores, but in a field of talented running backs in this years draft class Lockett has seen his stock rise and fall.   

Today the stock may be tumbling to an all-time low after Lockett's former offensive coordinator at Cal, George Davis, was caught on a hot mic saying "Lockett is just an example of how great my system is.  He's a product of what I do at the position and we aren't losing anything with him graduating, I can make anyone look good and he is proof of that."

The comment came after cameras had stopped rolling for an interview with the Cleo Rickard Podcast where Rickard, a former running back himself, asked Davis how the Golden Bears would cope next season without their star back.

Now many experts are saying their earlier evaluations that showed Lockett as only a top 20 RB in the class may be more accurate than others may have liked to believe.

California has made quite a few headlines this weekend as they lost rising star head coach Jose Teixeira to Notre Dame as well.   Teixeira lead the bears from a 4-8 record in 2023 to a bowl in in 24 and then a 10-3 run to the college football playoffs this season earning serious consideration for the Shaun Payton HC of the Year Award.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DRAFT BUZZ: COMBINE COULD BE PIVOTAL PROVING GROUNDS FOR DRAFTS TOP 4 QUARTERBACKS!

Virginia Tech's Antonio Bayne, South Carolina's Deangelo Vaughan, App State's Kansas Black, and Oregon's Joseph Sommer are all contenders to be seen as the top signal caller in the HIFL amateur draft, each has their own strong points, but none of them are seen as the clear cut perfect quarterback either.  In a season where several teams could be eying a QB of the future, the combine will be a proverbial gladiator arena for them to do battle and prove who deserves to be the first quarterback taken off of the board.

Bayne tossed 88 TDs in three seasons with the Hokies, Vaughan exploded onto the scene as a first-year starter to win the Johnny Unitas Senior QB of the year award with 34 TDs and 2 INTs,   Kanas Black rushed for 1000 yards and 9 TDs while showing the ability to  launch the ball down the field as the top dual threat QB in the class, and Joseph Sommer lead a high octane Oregon offense and has been tagged as the strongest arm of the four.   While questions remain in each players game, all four a sure to get a lot of attention as will some of the others in the class who very well could prove to be the diamond in the rough.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DRAFT BUZZ: POTENTIAL TOP PFL DRAFT PICK, OKLAHOMA DE KYLE DEMPSEY SAYS HE IS EXPLORING OPTIONS TO JUMP SHIP TO HIFL, IF RULES WILL ALLOW!

NORMAN -- The reigning Lombardi and Bednarik award winner and likely PFL #1 overall pick Kyle Dempsey is said to be second guessing his choice to join the PFL draft class and not the HIFL class. 

The 23 year old's camp is working with both leagues to see what rules are in place and if there is a pathway to conversion for him, or if his letter of intent to the PFL draft is ironclad.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

SMARTER DEALS WITH THE DEVIL?  INTERDIVISION TRADE HAS MR. IPA AND OLDNICK WATCHING GM'S CLOSELY

A mid-afternoon trade between the Portland Brewers and Salt Lake Renegades sending $10MM in international bonus money in exchange for a 4th, 5th, and 6th round pick have apparently caught the attention of both teams owners.

With inter-division trading being frowned upon more and more with divisional races being so important across the league, the loser of this trade will surely be scrutinized and held accountable. 

A misuse of the acquired funds or poor drafting with the acquired picks will most definitely be the subject of scrutiny, something no GM wants to deal with early in the off-season.

With some teams valuing IBP in the ball park of a first or second round pick for $5-10MM in IBP, Salt Lake may have robbed the hen house.  One source close to the situation responded with this: "Imagine giving your team $10MM to spend or save, and they buy three draft picks that could potentially produce nothing but bench fodder.  $10MM is a lot money for no real return."  With another saying: "Imagine if Portland hits a home run with that pick and pays minimal money for a superstar player, that would sting for years to come."

Teams trading within their own divisions are expected to see more and more ire from their owners, as these teams simply do not like each other.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DRAFT BUZZ: BAYLOR WR CHRIS HARTMANN FALLING DOWN DRAFT BOARDS DUE TO CONCERNS OVER ATTITUDE AND OFF-FIELD ANTICS, SEVERAL UNNAMED SOURCES ON BAYLOR CAMPUS SAY HARTMANN BULLIED YOUNGER STUDENTS AND "RAN AMUCK ON CAMPUS!"

WACO -- Potential first round pick Christopher Hartmann is seeing his draft stock fall at the wrong time as reports of childish behavior, bullying, and other off-field red flags have began to surface due to the University of Baylor student body submitting formal letters of complaint to the administration for what is being described as "a culture of bullying, toxic masculinity, and unfiltered harassment" from a group of players known as the Baylor Boyz.

Hartmann, who was said to be one of the leaders of the group during his time on campus, has been personally accused of hazing, physical and digital bullying of freshman student athletes, as well as exposing his gentiles to unexpecting female students via a large "prank" that send the explicit photographs to all computers and phones on the wifi networks along sorority row during his final season on campus.

The report is only just now being released because students feared retaliation from the 6'4 wide receiver with one of the students saying "I was told if I every told anyone about what he was doing to me, then I'd be duct tapped to a barrel and dragged through a pasture by a bull until someone woke up and found me."

The NCAA has launched an investigation into the incident.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DRAFT BUZZ: FROM HOMELESS TO HOPEFUL, TACKLE NOBLE ELLINGTON HOPING TO HEAR NAME CALLED ON DRAFT NIGHT TO GIVE FAMILY A BETTER LIFE

SEATTLE -- When walking the streets of Seattle, one will encounter a massive population of the cities homeless.  Under overpasses, along sidewalks, the sight is truly heartbreaking to see as the young, old, and everything in between attempt to survive life without a proper home.

For Washington State's Noble Ellington, the sight is a reminder of where he has come from, and what he has the opportunity to help his own family overcome if he lands on a pro football roster during the draft weekend.  Ellington grew up in Seattle, his mother worked two jobs to support their family, but being a single parent was difficult.    Noble watched the grind wear down his mother to the point that she eventually turned to drugs, an addiction that cost her their home when she had lost her jobs.   Moving Noble and his three younger siblings into a tent was not easy for the children, but when given the opportunity to play football in high school lead to the opportunity to go to college at Washington State University Noble saw the opportunity to pull his younger siblings out of poverty and provide them with a better life.

Now after three seasons of play at Washington State where he collected 280 pancakes and allowed only 10 sacks in 38 starts.  Will someone find the Right Tackle appealing enough to take him in the draft, only time will tell, but if he does end up being selected it will be one of the better feel good stories of the season.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

BREAKING NEWS: STINGRAYS COMMIT TO 5MM PER SEASON DEAD MONEY FOR NEXT 16 YEARS TO GET OUT FROM UNDER LB EDDIE POPE'S $22MM FG'D SALARY!

SYDNEY --  After returning to the HIFL from the PFL during the contract war of 2025, Eddie Pope is now a free agent thanks to a massive buyout that will pay the linebacker $5MM per season for the next 16 years (totaling $80MM in total earnings).   Pope is free to sign with another team in either league in free agency and will likely find a home quickly.

The 29 year old linebacker collected 56 tackles, 8 TFL, 1 sack and 1 INT in 9 games with the Rays last season, prior to signing with the PFL last off-season Pope spent 3 seasons with the Alabama Nighthawks and 4 years with the KC Bruins before that.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DRAGONS WARN OF BANISHMENT FOR MEDIA WHO WRITE UNFAVORABLE STORIES ON TEAM

There is a new commandment in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. "thou shalt not speak badly of our people."  laid down by the dear Supreme Leader, GM Storm this afternoon during the teams introduction of the Benevolent Jessica Woods as head coach of the PRNJ Dragons.

GM Storm told the media in attendance: "If lines are crossed, then access to our staff and players to all media members will be restricted. The people who function under the banner of the Dragons organization, and every other franchise in this league to be frank, are not animals at the zoo. They are humans who deserve to have their personal space and privacy respected just like anyone else.   That will be the standard here, and any one who does not meet that standard will find themselves without any access at all."

The threat of cutting off access to harm the livelihood of local and national sports media clearly sets a tone that GM Storm is in lockstep or goose step with the controversial dictat--owner of the club, Pang Tong.

We have been put on notice.  If this account is deactivated or inactive for more than 48 hours, remember this message.

SOURCE: DON BURGUNDY (FOX SPORTS)

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

AFTER SITTING OUT 2025, FORMER JAPANESE STAR GAINS HIFL UFA STATUS!

TOKYO -- This time last season Japanese running back Sora Yamamoto told the Nippon Football Council, the governing body of gridiron football in Japan, that he no longer wished to play for Japan's IFAF club and wished to crossover to the HIFL.    After a series of negotiations went nowhere, Japan reluctantly posted Yamamoto with a hefty $20MM posting fee, and while the fee paled in comparison to the gargantuan $50MM posting fee Russia attached to its prized Running Back Daniil Ivanov, the price tag was high enough that no team even approached the 25 year old's camp during International Free Agency.

Reports indicated that much like Ivanov who later signed with the PFL for a large payday that left Russia angry due to a circumvention of the posting agreement between HIFL and the IFAF that the PFL was not a part of; Yamamoto turned down offers from the PFL citing the leagues lack of honor.   Yamamoto said that he had his eyes on the HIFL and only the HIFL due to his determination to prove he could be a superstar in the best football league in the world.

Yamamoto elected not to return to the IFAF after failing to sign with an HIFL club, instead electing to sit out the season and train on his own, a move that saw Japan remove him from their roster, effectively making him an Unrestricted free agent for the upcoming season despite the Nippon Football Council's best efforts to file a grievance against the young running back and the HIFL.

Now Yamamoto will enter free agency on his own accord looking to prove he made the right choice and make an impact as one of the few Japanese crossovers to the HIFL.

SOURCE: ANNA WOOLHOUSE (SKY NEWS)

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

KITCHEN: "I TOOK ST. PAUL'S LACK OF CONTRACT TALKS PERSONALLY"

ST PAUL --- It is not often that a "five-star" quarterback hits the market as a free agent, but this off-season defending Eastern Conference Champion, Aaron Kitchen is officially an unrestricted free agent and can sign anywhere he pleases.  With the new CBA eliminating the franchise tag and the salary cap inflating, thus raising the league's max contract figure, Kitchen is set to cash in big coming off of a career best season that saw him throw for 4,380 yards, 39 touchdowns, and only 5 interceptions.   Kitchen said a large motivator for his outstanding season was the controversy surrounding himself, Willis McNasty, and Jerry Worthington early in the year.  "Are we best friends?  Hell no." Kitchen said during an appearance on the Cleo Rickard Podcast this week. "We aren't sharing girlfriends or going on exotic cruises with models from instagram.  We are teammates, we are professionals, and in the end you don't have to like the guys in the locker room, you just have to know that you can win with them.   A team with Me, Willis, and Jerry is better than a team without one of us, and when you add the rest of our playmakers like Max and Al to the mix you can see why we won the conference; but the real motivation for me to dominate the end of the year was that GM Bennett, GM Jon, neither of them ever approached me about an extension.   That told me that deep down they didn't believe in me.  ME.  THE constant in this organization for the past 4 seasons.  So I used it, it fueled me and now here I am UNRESTRICTED. Yeah, I took that shit personally, and that's because in my mind it WAS."

Originally the first pick of the second round in the 2019 draft by the Charlotte Crowns, the former USC standout was traded just a day after being drafted in a packaged that sent Christian Sullivan and Max Ramos to Charlotte in exchange for Kitchen and three draft picks.  Kitchen would go on to start 13 games during his rookie campaign in Tulsa. Despite a poor supporting cast, Kitchen showed an ability to protect the football despite his tendency to throw the deep ball completing 10 passes of 40+ yards and only 5 interceptions, however an off-season falling out with GM Franchise and the organization lead to a trade t the following off-season that saw Kitchen and Miguel Oliver shipped to Lincoln in exchange for DE Jeffrey Harlow.  During his time in Lincoln, Kitchen started in place of the oft-injured Carl Bloom but once Bloom returned to the line up Kitchen requested a trade to a team where he could start and was then flipped to St. Louis for OT Billy Gordon.  He would finish the 2020 season with 12 starts, throwing for 13 TDs and 6 INTs showing just enough promise to earn another chance with many feeling the QB was a bust, but in 2021 he was traded to St. Paul in a deal for QB/RB Alesana Tuilagi and a 3rd round draft pick and joined forces with Max Ramos.

The 2021 season saw Kitchen start 11 games and throw 11 TDs with only 3 INTs.  The following season Kitchen started a full 16-game slate for the first time in his career throwing for  4016 yards 28 TDs and 13 INTs all career highs for better or worse, but it would also be the last time Kitchen threw for double digit INTs.  In 2023 he only played 8 games due to injury but was on a blistering pace with 15 TDs and only 3 INTs in a half-season of play and in 2024 his 23 TDs and 9 INTs also resulted in his highest completion percentage as a pro as he completed 66% of his passes for 3,266 yards in what would be GM Eli's final season with the club.    This past season, Kitchen faced off-field drama with his star running back Willis McNasty and later star defensive tackle Jerry Worthington resulting in a physical altercation that would ultimately lead to GM Bennett being traded putting the teams season in jeopardy early, but the return of GM Jon and Kitchen's leadership settled the team down and the Lynx rebounded in epic fashion making an improbable run to the Impact Bowl where they fell to the Las Vegas Scorpions.

Now Kitchen will have a chance to survey the league and weigh his options.  With a proven track record in the regular season and post season (4-3 in the playoffs) Kitchen could be the piece to push a team over the hump to the Impact Bowl, or he could elect to return to the Lynx and attempt to write his Hollywood ending there.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

MICHAEL HODGE SAYS COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT GIVES HIM A CHANCE TO PROVE WHY HE SHOULD BE IN THE HALL OF FAME

Former #1 Overall Draft Pick and star Wide Receiver Michael Hodge has lived through his fair share of controversy since coming into the league in 2011.
  After being drafted 1st overall by Las Vegas and winning rookie of the year after a 1087 yards season, Hodge's off-field antics on the Vegas strip lead to the #1 pick being cut in a move that has never been replicated in the years to follow.   After being cut, the hyper talented but highly troubled young man joined the Pearl Harbor Predators as a WR3 but faced an uphill battle to earn playing time due to a series of suspensions and benching due to personal conduct.  In season 5 it looked like Hodge could be headed for the unemployment line and an exit from the league but GM Metro and later GM Franchise gave Hodge a chance to redeem himself and he rewarded them with a 1400 yard season with 13 TDs and no dropped passes.  The following season he followed that up with 1554 yards and 16 TDs with only 1 dropped pass.    When GM Franchise left Pearl Harbor for St. Paul the following off-season he took Hodge with him to form a supergroup of receivers with another troubled young receiver, Dorial Green-Beckham but a rash of poor off-season choices by the players and GM Franchise lead to group-sex tapes, failed drug tests, and the infamous appearance on ABC's "The View" where Green-Beckham threatened to assault Raven Simone.   Hodge's time in St. Paul was limited to 6 games 527 yards and 7 TDs before being suspended for the season by the HIFL league Office after allegations that Hodge's twin brother was taking urine-tests for him during the league's mandatory drug testing phase.   From there Hodge bounced from Atlanta to Lincoln to Oakland across the next four seasons, piling up yardage and TDs at nearly every stop.  In Orlando he had a career high 85 catches for 1498 yards and 15 TDs.  In two seasons with Lincoln he totaled 148 catches for 3124 yards and 25 touchdowns, and in Oakland in Season 12 he had 1185 yards and 2 TDs before announcing his decision to retire.   During the Hall of Fame voting process Hodge fell short of the needed 75% of votes, eventually failing to qualify for renomination with several voters citing his off-field issues as a reason to leave him off of the ballot. For his HIFL career, Hodge totaled 608 catches (29th all-time), 12,579 yards (7th all-time), and 95 touchdowns (8th all-time)

Last season however, at the mid-season point, Hodge announced a decision to come out of Retirement to join the Baltimore Black Tips of the PFL for a chance to win a Championship, something he had never done during his playing career.  in 8 Games he totaled 41 catches, 742 yards, 10 TD and only 1 drop showing he still had what it takes to play at a high level. 

When asked about his future after the Black Tips were eliminated from the PFL Playoffs, Hodge was blunt and to the point. "Hey man, I used the PFL to prove that I am still an elite athlete even at my age.  I left the game and I realized I didn't achieve everything I wanted in the HIFL so this is the start of an epic comeback.  I'm looking to get back on a HIFL squad next season, compete for a Championship, and make my claim for the Hall.  The doubters are going to be there but I'm here to smash all that trash talk and ball."

Now the 37 year old will look to sign a 1 year deal with a contender to not only chase his dream of being a Champion, but also to reset his HOF clock and prove to voters that he is worthy of football immortality.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

TROUBLE YOUNGER BROTHER OF HIFL LEGEND BURTON TIBBETTS ARRESTED FOR DRUG POSSESSION AND ASSAULT JUST WEEKS BEFORE START OF UFA.  2ND YEAR PRO HAD 27 SACKS IN ROOKIE SEASON WITH PFL'S VEGAS GAMBLERS

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

PREDATORS COME TO TERMS WITH VEGAS DC JOSEPH ITO TO BECOME TEAMS NEXT HEAD COACH!

HONOLULU -- The Pearl Harbor Predators new GM, Tommy Anelli has made his first hire since taking over the big chair.  The team today is expected to introduce Joseph Ito as the teams new head coach.

Ito first served as defensive coordinator with St. Paul in 2020 under Head Coach Anderson Ginobili but was dismissed with the entire staff when GM Eli took over the club in 2021.  During that period, Ito was out of the HIFL but served in the XFL, PFL, and NCAA ranks as a highly coveted defensive mind.  In 2023, Ito joined the Las Vegas Scorpions as defensive coordinator and stuck with the club through this seasons Impact Bowl Championship.

During his time in Vegas, Ito lead a defensive unit that finished 1st in points against twice ('23 and '25) becoming one of the most feared units in the league.  In the post season 57 points across three games (19 ppg) limiting St. Paul's high powered offense to only 19 points in the Impact Bowl.

Now Ito takes over a Predators club that features a franchise QB in Dominic Owens, an all-time great receiver in Shawn Simon, and athletic defenders in Patrick Fox, Jackson Havlock, Marquise Hines, and Donald Walston.

Pearl Harbor is in a tough division, but Ito is viewed by a majority of experts to be a man who can handle the job.

SOURCE: MICHAEL SMITH (NBC SPORTS)

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DE ROBERT TYLER GRANTED RELEASE BY PFL'S NEW ORLEANS PHOENIXES, SEEKING RETURN OT HIFL DURING UFA!

NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Phoenix announced this morning that they have come to terms with 33 year old DE Robert Tyler for his release effective immediately.

Tyler, who was scheduled to make $7MM this season in the PFL agreed to a 30% buyout instead of forcing the PFL's fully guaranteed contract policy.   In exchange for the buyout, Tyler is allowed to return to the HIFL UFA pool and attempt to sign with a club when UFA opens.

During his 10 year HIFL career, Tyler collected 36 sacks in 89 starts for Tucson, Alabama, Las Vegas, St. Louis, and Dallas.
Tyler's best seasons came in 2019 and 2020 with Las Vegas where he had back to back 10-sack seasons in rotational usage.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

SWOPE, THERE IT IS. DEFENSIVE GURU LANDS IN MICHIGAN AS TEAMS NEW HEAD COACH!

DETROIT -- The Michigan Monsters and GM Dante Rinaldi have selected Joan Swope as the franchise's next head coach.  Swope, who has found success in both St. Paul and New Jersey as head coach was let go by GM Storm and the NJ Dragons earlier this month, but now Swope will take the reigns of the new-look Michigan Monsters.

Swope has long been seen as one of the elite developers of defensive talent, particularly in the defensive backfield as well as a meticulous strategist.   As a 4-3/Nickel defensive coordinator Swope was a part of the undefeated NJ Dragons staff under head coach Benson Stark as well as the back-to-back-to-back Eastern Conference Championship appearing St. Paul Lynx under GM Gooch.   

The signing is seen as a culture shifting hire for the Monsters, as it was rumored over half of the league was eying Swope as a high end defensive coordinator candidate if he did not land a head coaching job.

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

HOFFMAN, MUMBASA, AND MAY SEEN AS FINALISTS FOR LAS VEGAS HC POSITION!

SOURCE: MICHAEL SMITH (NBC SPORTS)

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

FROM OUTHOUSE TO PENTHOUSE, AFTER LEAVING DALLAS, DEAN HOFFMAN SIGNS AS HEAD COACH OF LAS VEGAS SCORPIONS!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

BREAKING NEWS:  SEAN PETERSON LEAVING MIAMI TO HELP FORTIFY NEW JERSEY DEFENSE AS NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

BREAKING NEWS: ALABAMA ADDS ARCHIE FREESE TO STAFF, NEW D-COORDINATOR CHOOSES NIGHTHAWKS OVER RETURNING TO OAKLAND AND OTHERS DUE TO BETTER SCHEME FIT AND COMPETITIVE PAY

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

ARMAND BLOCK STAYING WITH SMOKE, RETURNING AS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR FOR 5TH SEASON

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

MUSTANGS KEEPING D-COORDINATOR JAMES "TURNOVER" TAYLOR IN HOUSE!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

ALLEN SAINT ANNOUNCES HE WILL NOT SEEK DIFFERENT POSITION, HAPPY TO RETURN TO FATHERS STAFF AS OC!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

HARRIERS LOSE D-COORDINATOR MURDOCH TO DIVISION RIVAL COBRAS AS HIGHLY REGARDED COACH BRINGS AGGRESSIVE STYLE TO DC!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

CANCUN HC JACKSON RHODES LURES MUMBASA AWAY FROM VEGAS TO TAKE OVER OFFENSE FOR MUTINEERS AFTER REPORTS LINKED HIGHLY COVETED OC TO FIELDS AND MUSTANGS!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

DANTE BLANK BACK IN THE HIFL, RETURNING TO TAKE THE REIGNS OF THE CLEVELAND OFFENSE!

Talon

S16/17 OFFSEASON

FORMER TEAM USA OC GENE STEVENS LEAVES TUCSON TO TAKE OVER OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR DUTIES IN CHARLOTTE!