ATLANTA UNDERGROUND [GM BENNETT]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Bennett

BENNETT LOOKS AT HIS PHONE WITH A BEWILDERED FACE THINKING TO HIMSELF, "$10MM?? FOR MEL FREAKING BRIGGS??"

CLEARS HIS THROAT

Bobby, my man...We're gonna be gunning for a championship but there's no guarantees in this league and you know I ain't gonna bullshit ya. If Mel doesn't wanna be part of what we're building here in Atlanta for that $1MM and thinks he can earn more elsewhere then I respect that. Just I don't think I can go that big for em.

Talon

Twenty millions across 2 years, F.G'd  I get my men their due.   Toodaloo!

GM Bennett

Can't do it my man. Not at that price tag. Tell you what I'll circle back if he ain't pick up we'll see what we can do. But just not at that price tag, Bobby.

---

Xeina can we call Mr. Forrest back real quick?

---

Mr. Forrest, it's been about a week since I the trade request for David Seymore has been made public. One team reached out but they weren't able to come up with the a trade that made sense for both parties. No other team seemed to be interested.

That leaves us with not a whole lot of options. Again I apologize if I offended you or David for proposing he'd take a pay cut. I understand if still would like to play elsewhere. So with me wanting to be faithful to my word and ensure I do right by David, I'm suggesting we come to a mutual agreement that releases him from his contract completely so that we don't have to owe each other anything. We'll just mutually go our separate ways and he can hopefully play somewhere he desires to play while getting paid the same amount of money if not more as a free agent.

Talon

This isn't how we should be doing business regularly, but I am happy to accept a mutual termination right now in this circumstance.

We will waive any and all owed money and walk away clean.

GM Bennett

Thank you sir.

As always hope to do future business with you (which I'm sure we'll do more business together this offseason) and perhaps David again some day down the road.

---

Xeina, can you give a call to Running Wolf please? Or his representation if he happened to sign with an agency and the list I'm lookiing at hasn't been updated?

Talon

GM Bennett

Running, how'd you like to come to Atlanta for the season? $1MM.

GM Bennett

Apologies Running, it seems you were just signed by Dallas. That's a shame seeing you joining our rushing attack woulda been something. Good luck to you in Dallas and congrats on the contract my man.

---

Xeina, can we call Bobby Shapiro back in regards to his client Earl Sturdivant?

Talon

Hello there, if my voice sounds higher pitched it's because I'm not wearing pants. Shoot your shot.

GM Bennett

I wouldn't expect any less Bobby. Anyways would Earl be interested in coming to Atlanta for $1MM?

Talon

GM Bennett

My man! I faxed over the paperwork to your office. Thanks Bobby.

----

Xeina, let's take a shot in the dark...Can you call Mr. Crain in regards to his client Joseph Hickson?

---

Mr. Crain, I gotta ask. Is your client interested in coming to Atlanta for $4MM for 2 seasons if not 1?

Talon

The 1 year discounted price for Hickson is $10MM. Non Negotiable.

GM Bennett

Fuck it let's do it. I'll send the paper work as soon as I can.

Talon

Perfect, you can break that up however you want with bonus.  Make it so.

GM Bennett

Thanks Mr. Crain, pleasure doing business with you.

----

Xeina let's shoot a call over to Steve Rosenhause real quick.

----

Mr. Rosenhause I'm gonna compile a list over offers for you real quick...

WR/CB Cherry de la Crema - $1MM
WR/CB Peaches de la Crema - $1MM
DT Ronald Burke - $1MM
DE BB Chark - $1MM
DE Lee Schuster - $1MM

Talon

...what is with people and this weird pronunciation of my name this week!?!

Anyways, Bennette, The twins are going to head back to the FemFL, so can't do anything there.

Burke is asking for $8MM for a deal, but would do $4MM for this year only.

Chark is looking for $10MM, and has a big offer on the table to go to the PFL, so we wont sign for less than $8MM.

Schuster will sign for $4MM

GM Bennett

Sorry bout that, Mr. Rosenhaus.

Dang...Nah I don't think I can mange to do a $4MM type of contract. Sorry to waste your time on these.

Is DE Tyrone Pham looking for the same? If not I can do $1MM for him right here right now?

Talon

Pham will sign for the $1MM, lets do it.

GM Bennett

My man, thank you.

---

Xeina let's give Ambz...Ahem let's give Amber Molina a call real quick.

---

Ambz I'ma give you a list here real quick you tell me if we got a deal on any of em.

DE Taco Tipton - $1MM for 1 Season
RB Cinnamon Snaps - $1MM for 1 Season
G Jeffrey Almeida - $1MM for 1 Season
C Maxwell Aguilar - $1MM for 1 Season
CB James Gonzales - $1MM for 1 Season

Talon

All but James Gonzales will sign.

GM Bennett

Ambz, per usual love working with ya. Thank you!

---

Xeina, lets give a call to Drew Leventhal please.

---

Mr. Leventhal, I have a list a bit of a list of clients I'm interest in signing if they are at all interested,

OT Glen Johnson $1MM for 1 Year
CB Antonio Patterson $1MM for 1 Year

Talon

As a package deal, I'd do both at $2MM each, but that's as much of a discount as Im going to give, pal.

GM Bennett

That's a deal, sir. I'll send over the paperwork here in a minute, thank you.

GM Bennett

Xeina, can you give Mr. Crain a call back please?

---

Mr. Crain, I'd like to bring QB Kenneth Draper back to Atlanta if he's interested in rejoining our QB room? 1 year $1MM for the season.

Talon

GM Bennett

Thank you Mr. Crain you should be receiving the paperwork now.

---

Xeina, let's shoot a call to the Campanelli's to make them an offer they can't refuse....Sorry, I had to use that line at least once.

---

My favorite family agency! The Campanelli's! I hope you guys are doing good. Listen, I wanna give DT Merlin McLendon a shot at coming back to where his old college stomping grounds was here in the ATL. $1MM for the season.

Talon

Forget about it, you've got a deal GM Bennett.

GM Bennett

Ayeeee, thanks Meadow. You and ya pops take it easy.

---

Xeina, can you confirm that we have a full roster now before I start to spend any of this here Off-Season mula?

GM Bennett

WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND

MUSICAL LICENSES

1. "Who Wit Me" by. Quavo | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3QExtVwow&ab_channel=QuavoHuncho
This will be song that the team comes out to when introduced at home games. It will hype not just the team but as well as the fans of Atlanta. Hearing one of the cities biggest hip hop artists as well as being there to cheer on their home HIFL team.

2. "Move Bitch" by. Reddick Lewis (Ludacris) | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcJPx-6pzPY&ab_channel=SachaSydorov
This song will play whenever the ATL Offense gets a First Down at home

3. "Fly Shit Only" by. Future | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMMrprklAPc&ab_channel=Future-Topic
This song will be played at 2 Minute Warning - IF WINNING

4. "Draco" by. Future | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whAmfnLEucw&ab_channel=Future
This song will be played if the defense get's a turnover

5. "Get Right" by. Jeezy | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myxojwq22-Q&ab_channel=JeezyVEVO
This song will be played at 2 Minute Warning - IF LOSING

6. "Put On" by. Jeezy feat. Kanye West | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HmF5fT3cmk&ab_channel=xxximmaloserfacexxx
This song will play at home if the team wins

7. "Immortal" by. 21 Savage | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUtDb-blEMQ&ab_channel=21Savage
This song will play when the team comes out after half time to reenergize the team and the fans no matter if they are winning or losing.

Talon

Its about time to drop the mic on the doubters.

GM Bennett

1. Welcome back, what was the most challenging part of the off-season, and where do you think you did the best as GM of this club?
Thank you, thank you. it's good to be back. I'm excited to see how this truly first season for me in Atlanta unfolds. I say this is truly my first season here because I was brought here in the middle of the season. I didn't have everything in my grasp just yet in terms of the organization and the team as a whole. I was just going through the flow of things, keeping my eyes on things and just being a student of everything around me. Last season I was just sitting back trying to get a feel of things here and what would need to be done in order for my tenure here in Atlanta to be a success as it has been elsewhere. I plan on doing everything I can to make sure that. I plan on giving this city, the fans, these players and this entire organization what they deserve. I want to give them my best and to grow a winning culture here which hopefully results in a championship one day.

That all being said, there were some hardships we had to face coming into season. There were some sacrifices, some more significant than others. Having to let go of David Seymore was tough pill to swallow. You never want to lose a talent like that, especially one that was an important piece of your roster. He's down in Texas now and Dallas is lucky to have em. He'll be a great addition for that locker room. That wasn't the only hard thing I had to face this season. Came close to bringing in two big name players that I really wanted to see in an Atlanta uniform. Came down to the wire on both guys believe it or not, haha. But it's a competitive league and in the off-season you need to know when to pull out or you might end up hindering yourself a bit.

With those missed opportunities and sacrifices that were made came great reward I think. We were able to use those funds to build a great roster for this upcoming season. I have stuck to my mantra of building a championship caliber defense as I have a philosophy of believing that defense wins championships! Bringing in talents such as James Blodgett, a familiar face plus a top corner in the league in Michael Montero, Brian Wong, Tiff Fabulous one of a few women we've brought in from FemFL who we have the upmost confidence in, my man David Black via a trade who blew everyone's minds in training camp and plenty of depth throughout the defense. You see our defense and it just...It just excites you man. Makes you wanna run through a freaking wall and go to war knowing you got that kinda of war machine behind you. Shout to them and our coaching staff man, I'm telling you.

Then you look at our high powered offense that we was able to build upon this off-season. Bolstering up our receiving cores, giving us a dynamic run game. Building up the line. And Orion...Him. He is him. Make no doubt about it.

We just have us a fun team with a lot of youth and some vets who are ready to get after it. A fun team to watch for sure.

Haha, I know I said a lot there but to answer your question I think my ability to bounce back from being down and being able to build such a good roster (in my eyes at least) with the resources I had and any other challenges I faced going into this offseason. I think that's the best thing I've done for this team as a GM. Something I can pat myself on the back for doing. We got an excellent rookie class as we were able to find us some hidden gems throughout the draft.

I just feel really good about this group.

2. After a long off-season, the regular season is within reach.  What is your view of pre-season?  Valuable or Pointless?
I think us having a pre-season is valuable. It gives us GM's and our coaching staff a better look at our roster. For the players it helps those who may be fighting for a roster spot to show what their worth is on the team. It's an evaluation process for everyone involved really. The only thing I don't wanna see is guys getting hurt. Never wanna see anyone get hurt in general but you'd hate to see a key guy get hurt before the regular season even begins. It could mess up somethings for you going forward. And I'd hate to see those guys who are trying to get a roster spot lose out on an opportunity just because they got hurt.

3. Will you completely sit any of your players for the pre-season, or is it all hands on deck in the traditional pre-season limited capacity?'
I haven't came to that conclusion just yet. I mainly just wanna see how our bench players, just to see how good our depth truly is. Make sure it's not just looking good on paper. Seeing the guys and ladies practice is great but it's nothing like going up against a true test when going up against some competition. But I also wanna see how the starters are as well...But that thought of someone getting hurt. I don't know. It's a gamble...It's something I'll have to think on for a bit. I got some other things I need to address before I do anything, but that's gonna be in the back of my mind for a bit.

4. Having just met with your boss, the team's owner; what do you think about their expectations for you this season?
It's always good to have an owner who has your back and doesn't just smile in your face and lie to you. When they actually mean it. Mr. Lewis believes in me and my capabilities of being a general manager in this league. That's something I appreciate. Loyalty is special. I know my worth and it's good to have a boss who sees that.

As for his expectations for this season, I feel like they are achievable. I think we were able to build a team that can definitely compete for that division title. This Mid South Division this season is gonna be real interesting to be honest with you. This season there isn't just 1 team that's at the top. We're a tougher division coming into this season, it should be exciting. But I believe we have the talent to win the division for sure. The ultimate goal is to make the playoffs to me but winning the division will be great no matter what. There's some goals that's gonna be tough for sure just because I know how hard it is to be in this league but I'm up for the challenge. If healthy, I think we do a lot of awesome things this season.

5. The fans are clamoring, what should they expect this season from a record stand point?  Are you thinking this is a rebuilding season?  Is this a season where you will be middle of the pack and near .500?  Is this a club that should win 10+ games?  Is this team a lock to win the division, or is this team simply a real-deal Impact Bowl Contender and everything else is trivial?
The fans may want me to sit up here and say, yeah were a lock to win it all. I can't say that. I'm a realist man, anything can happen. Me looking at our roster I think it's good enough to be in the playoffs. I can't tell you how many games we're gonna win or any of that other stuff. I just know that we have the talent, we have the mentality...We have the will and drive to be great.

This could be looked at as sort of a rebuild. It's me wanting to build a winner here in Atlanta. I want this team to be competitive all while building for the future. I want to build through the draft and help develop young talent to be the best that they can be. I want to have veterans on the roster who want to do there all to be champions. It's a mixed bag we have here all while I'm here trying to mold this team into a franchise that fans want to root for and players wanna play for.

If I can build a team that's in the playoffs every season giving them a fighting chance, that's a success to me. But if I can identify talent and build them up to be who they are meant to be...That there is an even bigger success to me personally.

We're striving for greatness here in Atlanta, in every facet.

6. What's the biggest position competition you're looking forward to with your team's pre-season games?
Our depth at corner is insane. I love it. Considering this is a passing league more nowadays, I love it. It's gonna be interesting to see who wants it most? Who wants to be CB1, CB2 and CB3?

We got some quality depth at DE but we need to identify who our DE2 is. Who is gonna be on the other side of Eubanks?

It sucks we have the injuries we have at freaking OT but that's something I was hoping we'd be able to address this preseason.

I can set the roster up how I think it might should be right now but players should take the pre-season to show how much they want it.

7. Look across the league, which team from the opposite conference do you think will be competing for the Impact Bowl when it's all said and done?
Vegas and Vancouver are two teams I think people should look out for out in the West, personally.

8. Make a bold prediction about this season:
It's all part of the master plan...

Talon

"What do you make of Clarence Martin's prank gone wrong and do you plan any punishment for him, as some are calling for?"

GM Bennett

I think it was foolish, immature and reckless. Because of his actions he not only jeopardized two young men and their growth but himself as well. I do plan to have a conversation with him and yes I do plan to hand out a punishment. What that will be will be discussed between him and I.

That being said I hope that all three of them make a speedy recovery because we're gonna need them out there. I hated seeing that they got hurt especially when we are trying to help them grow as players in the process. I just want them to get healthy. At the end of the day, that is all I want for those young men.

It's cool to have fun with your teammates but when you're doing stuff that jeopardizes yourself and teammates? Or if it rubs everyone in this franchise the wrong way? Don't do it.

Anyways I'll have more to say about that with Clarence personally. Any other questions?

Talon

...Well, obviously first order of business is the Clarence issue.

GM Bennett

Right you are, Coach. I don't mind if you wanna stay in here for this coach but if not I understand.

---

Xeina, can you have Clarence Martin join me (or us) in my office please?

Talon

CLARENCE ENTERS THE ROOM, CLEARLY STILL BANGED UP FROM HIS INJURY.

Hello GM Bennett,  While I get situated over here Ms. Xeina asked me to see if you could help her clear the printer jam.

GM Bennett

Are you fucking with me right now?

PRESSES INTERCOM BUTTON

What's this Clarence is talking about a printer jam? If he's lying on you I'd hate to have to further extend his suspension because even while sitting here hurt he still hasn't learned anything from what he has done.

Talon

Sorry sir, I just can't seem to figure out what happened, it's just suddenly not working, at all.

GM Bennett

Alright, one sec.

WES STANDS UP FROM HIS CHAIR. LOOKS AT CLARENCE WONDERING TO HIMSELF IF HE'S UP TO SOMETHING. LEAVES TO GO HELP XEINA WITH THE PRINTER

Let's see what's going on here.

Talon

...huh, it was unplugged.  weird, Consuela must have bumped it when she was cleaning up?  ...thanks for the extra muscle, boss.  Couldn't have moved that thing without you.

GM Bennett

No problem.

STARTS TO HEAD BACK IN HIS OFFICE HOPING CLARRNCE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING STUPID WHILE HE WAS GONE

Alright, sorry bout that Clarence. Thanks for coming by I want to keep this brief. You know what's wrong with this situation right ?

Talon

AS GM BENNETT SITS BACK IN HIS CHAIR, CLARENCE BEAMS WITH ANTICIPATION AS THE GREATEST PRANK (IN HIS MIND) OF ALL TIME IS ABOUT TO UNFOLD.

HE RCOUNTS SUBTLING UNPLUGGING THE PRINTER WHEN THE SECRETARY WAS DISTRACTED WITH THE RUBBER DOG POOP HE DROPPED ON THE FLOOR WHEN HE ENTERED.   MAJOR DUB.

HIS CAT LIKE AGILITY ON DISPLAY AS HE MOVED HIS MASTER PLAN INTO BENNETT'S CHAIR WHILE HE WORKED ON THE PRINTER.

AS BENNETT SPEAKS A LONG, LOUD "FART" ERRUPTS AS THE GM FLATTENS A LARGE WHOOPIE CUSHION, MUCH TO CLARENCE'S ENJOYMENT!

Talon

GM Bennett

What the hell?!?!

WES LOOKS SHOCKED AND BEWILDERED BY THE LOUD NOISE. HE STANDS UP AND PICKS UP THE CUSHION. HE THROWS IT ON HIS DESK AND LAUGHS WHILE SHAKING HIS HEAD

Haha. I'll admit you got me there. I knew you were up to something. I'll let this bit slide...But Clarence this is serious. This isn't a laughing matter. You hurt put two rookies on IR including yourself because of your stunt. That's not something to be taken likely.

Talon

I didn't mean to hurt no one, Prank Sinatra is more than an alter ego though man, it's part of who I am.  If you take that out of me, I'm a husk of a man. A mundane boring ass o-lineman eating pancakes and drinking protein shakes or eating hard boiled eggs all day..

I admit sometimes my little pranks can be way too big and my big pranks might be a little...   flat, but Im working on it.

GM Bennett

I get it. I'm not trying to change who you are, but when you are here you need to start coming in and being a professional rather than having people look at you as a joke or a walking hazard sign.

Clarence, I have received numerous calls top to bottom of this organization voicing how tired they are of your pranks and shenanigans. Seeing that you have jeopardized not only yourself but two others, this has to be a wake up call for you to know that it is time for you to chill the hell out. You have built yourself a reputation around the league now that you are a distraction. Son, let me tell you right now having that labeled against you in any profession is bad. You don't want people to look at you that way no matter how good you are.

You have all the talent in the world to be one of the best tackles in the league, Clarence. If you focused more on your progression at the position as you have your pranks who knows what you could achieve in this league.

You can be Prank Sinatra all you want my man, but outside of football. During your off time. And pranks that don't harm you or others. Get you a YouTube channel, build up your brand outside of football. I will support that because I know that kind of thing can help garner you more opportunities beyond this sport. But when you are here? I need you focused on the game. Focused on helping this team achieve its goals.

You do this, you can help repair your reputation around the league and elsewhere. It has to start now, Clarence. These pranks that have led to you causing absolute havoc within the locker room and the entire organization has to stop. People are not having it anymore. And I don't want to see anyone else get hurt and I don't want you to feel as if you are being ostracized here.

This is what's gonna happen. You work on yourself. Prove that you are committed to the sport of football. Prove that you are committed to this team. Show that you are remorseful for all that you have done, even if you didn't intend to rub people the wrong way or put them in harm's way. Show that you can be a professional and that you want to improve not only yourself as a man but as a player at your position and I promise you, you'll be better for it. I want you to get healthy and in the mean time you will be suspended for minimum of 2 games once the regular season starts. Before I let you come back we will meet again and will assess how things are. If I feel you you need more time, I will extend it to another game.

This is something that has to happen at this point. If you didn't get yourself and others hurt this would be different conversation but between that and all the calls I've been getting, I feel that this is the best route to go.

Talon

I... I understand.

I never meant to hurt anyone, it's all out of love, and I'm sorry.

...I'll make sure to get my act together and come back ready to ball..

GM Bennett

My man, I got faith in you to do just that. I'll see you then Clarence.

---

Alright, Coach. There was a phone call I wanted to make just so I'm no longer taking up your time let's talk about our plans for the offseason. I'd like to give everyone some field time to be honest with you. I think both lines are gonna need to put in that work heading into the season just to get that chemistry down as well to make up for who we don't have out there for us.

I think we're gonna be a mixed bag this preseason. It'll give us a good idea of who we got.

Talon