ATLANTA UNDERGROUND [GM BENNETT]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Bennett

From the looks of it I honestly think we have a legit chance of winning the division, I don't give a damn what these other people think. I just don't see the Kings being better than us or Myrtle Beach for that matter. It'll be a fight for the division for damn sure though, that much is true.

Ahem that being said...Was there anything you wanted to touch up on before I get our lock in sheet prepared and I make that phone call? Any preferences you'd like to see going forward other than what was covered in the team meeting during the off-season with the coaches?

Talon

I think we have a great squad, we will prove the doubters wrong each and every week.

That being said, I've got nothing to add or discuss. Its time for some ball!

GM Bennett

Sounds bout right. I'll get us locked in as soon as I can, Coach. Good luck this preseason.

---

Xeina can you give a call to Amber Molina real quick in regards to our man Michael Montero? Thanks.

---

Ambz, let me go ahead and apologize. I think the fax over to the league office cut off the 5 years portion of Michael's contract. I'm embarrassed that happened but I seen the news and I'm happy to see that he's still wanting to commit to the agreed upon contract. Is it fair for me to assume that you feel the same way?

Talon

If you go ahead and send it in right this time, we'll pretend it never happened... but only this time.

GM Bennett

Say no more, it's done Ambz. Thanks again we're happy to have Michael here with us.

---

Welp...I was gonna talk to David Black but that can wait till after pre-season. Xeina, I'll get us locked in here shortly after I got everything figured out.

GM Bennett

QB1: Orion Harris
QB2: Gunner Cole
QB3: Kenneth Draper

RB1: Francisco Johnson
RB2: LeRoy Brown
RB3: Cinnamon Snaps

FB: Herman Soares

TE1: Andrew Hanlon
TE2: Richard Matteson
TE3: Nia Uso

WR1: Roy Chandler
WR1b/WR4: John Levesque (backup for WR1)

WR2: Joseph Hickson
WR2b/WR5: Gregg White

WR3: Oliver Giles
WR3b: Alton Lightner

LT1: Clarence Martin
LT2: Glen Johnson
LT3: Nia Uso

LG1: Bradley Rivera
LG2: Jeffrey Almeida
LG3: Nia Uso

C1: Jonah Bird
C2: Maxwell Aguilar
C3: Nia Uso

RG1: Robert Marquis
RG2: Patrick Pogue
RG3: Nia Uso

RT1: Lynn Skipper
RT2: Robert Lindsey
RT3: Nia Uso

DT1: David Black
DT2: John Rosado
DT3: Merlin McLendon
DT4: Matthew Hargrave

LDE1: Harold Eubanks
LDE2: Jerry Roden

RDE1: Taco Tipton
RDE2: Tyrone Pham

ROLB1: James Blodgett
ROLB2: Robert Stuckey

MLB1: William Garnett (same as ILB1 for 34)
MLB2: Diego Brown (same as ILB2 for 34)

LOLB1: Albert Biddle
LOLB2: Earl Sturdivant

CB1: Christian Cassidy
CB1b/CB5: Antonio Patterson(back up to CB1 and CB3)

CB2: Michael Montero
CB2b/CB6: Seymore Burton (back up to CB2 and CB4)

CB3: Brian Wong

CB4: Ronnie Mazza

FS1: Tiff Fabulous
FS2: Melvin Lee
FS3: Michael Renteria

SS1: John Jordan
SS2: David Ly

K: Lawrence Call

P: Arnold Jarrett

KR1: Cinnamon Snaps
KR2: LeRoy Brown
KR3: Seymore Burton
KR4: Oliver Giles

PR1: Cinnamon Snaps
PR2: LeRoy Brown
PR3: Seymore Burton

GM Bennett

Preseason Games

Player Rotations:
Balanced
Play Calling: Coaches Decision
Game Plan: Coaches Decision
Strategy: Balanced Offense

INACTIVES/IR
Clarence Martin, Robert Lindsey and Melvin Lee

beware of the....
💀👻
UNDERGROUND!!!
[/color]

GM Bennett

1. What did you take away from this slate of pre-season games?
I was impressed with how close each game was considering we were rolling with a mixed bag of starters and bench players. It was good to see how much fight this team has.

Our rookie kicker was perfect both games too, and that's something you can really rely on when you need it.

I think much of the success comes from how good our defense played honestly. No we didn't win either game but it's the preseason I don't care about winning especially myself and the coaching staff are trying to see what we have from top to bottom.

Our QB's didnt throw a single pick. But what I did hate was seeing them get taken down for a sack as much as they did. I understand why that is. We don't have a fully healthy line and one of our guys is currently serving a team suspension. I think once we have all our guys out there we should be a lot better out there and we'll have a better chance of seeing what we can do.

Honestly I just loved and appreciated what I seen out there. It showed me and I think the fans that we are taking the right steps in the right direction for this franchise. No matter what happens this season I can see some real growth compared to last year when I came in mid-season.

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your team?
I don't think it's a single player. But Offensively, LeRoy Brown and Oliver Giles truly made their presence known in these two games. Was proud to see that. Defensively I don't think there was any true standout I think the whole defense played well and was the reason the games were so competitive. I think we'll have us a look at the depth chart before we fly over to Myrtle Beach but I'm real happy with what I seen.

And I obviously gave Lawrence his flowers but eff it, shout out to him.

3. Did anyone surprise you and earn a starting job?
Surprise me? I don't know about all that. I don't think anyone truly earned that big of a upgrade on the depth chart haha. But with injuries plaguing our team and one suspension, it definitely is next man or woman up. If anyone has chance to moving up to being a starter it'd be LeRoy Brown but we are running a a committee with our backs so he'll get plenty of chances to get the ball in his hands and we didn't really see Francisco so take that for what you will.

4. Does the pre-season change your feeling about your teams potential this season?
It solidified what I felt coming into this season. We have a team that I think can win the division. It'll be a fight to do so but I think we have a team that can do that. I don't care what some analyst may say or what some random GM thinks that didn't even bother to use a single brain cell may think but hey, it's just me looking at what's there and how I feel. This is how I feel about this team.

5. Talk about your opponent for week 1, and what it will take to win.
As I said before I think it's gonna be a fight to win this division and it starts here against Myrtle Beach and Batman, haha. No really, I look forward to watching this game with GM Gooch and enjoying some good ol BBQ while cheering on both our respective teams. Not to mention to be able to see our teams play in the season open of the NFT Stadium! That's gonna be awesome to see and it should be a good time for everyone involved. I wanna see a good game from everyone and to see no one get hurt. Our team doesn't need to see anyone else get hurt that's for damn sure.

Any questions?

Talon

No time to be aw-struck by the new stadium or their gimmicks.  We need to come out of Myrtle Beach with a win... and then one of those big ass frozen jager bombs from the boardwalk.

GM Bennett

A big ass frozen Jager bomb? You kinda wild huh Coach?

But yeah damn right we should be completely focused on picking up the win this week. If we hope to win the division we have to beat every damn team in the division not just the guys we perceive to be at the top.

Obviously, I absolutely hate the injuries. Also Nia gave up way too many sacks. I'm glad she's a backup but that was awful to see. Hopefully she can develop to get better to not average 3 sacks a game. That's not a formula for success.

I'm not all that sure who we should have out there subbing in for Tiff while she's out. Melvin being listed questionable after his training camp was cut short cause of that bullshit. I don't know if we should we just throw him out there or just wait to let him get some extra practice in before trying to throw him out there. It's gonna be a hard decision to make. I got some funds to spend on some stuff from our pal Santa Mod so that might be something worth investing in for him.

The way I see it we're both beat the fuck up on both teams we might be pretty evenly scaled coming into this game...But I think our tool box to victory is better than there's.

Talon

Honestly, I think David Ly can fill in fine at FS for us.  He's got speed and a little familiarity.  Ly at FS, Jordan at SS, we'll be shy on depth but fine on talent.

GM Bennett

Ayo, he was looking good in the pre-season games. Good idea, we'll go that route. Coach.

Skipper and Johnson at OT this week or Skipper and Lindsey?

Also speaking of I was all that sure if my choices of where guys lined up on both lines and at line backer were the right choices. I wanna make sure we have guys where they best line up at so we can maximize their value for us.

Talon

I think we go with Johnson and Skipper.  Johnson is better on the left in pass pro, Skip gives us balance on the right side.  Lindsey is just too raw in pass pro to start right now.

GM Bennett

Got ya I'll make those adjustments when locking in.

I'm good with our game plan going I don't think we need to make any other changes. Is there anything other changes you'd line to make going into this game?

Talon

I don't think so.  I think we're good.

GM Bennett

Alright sounds good. I'll get us locked in as soon as possible but first, can you have David Black join me in my office for a bit?

Talon

GM Bennett

MY MAN!!!!!

Aye man we been together since the day I drafted ya. Lemme tell you I ain't ya pops but I'm feeling like a proud father getting to witness ya growth and know I was able to do everything I could to make sure you did.

It was a gamble but that position training really lit a fire under you. I love it. I fucking love it.

How's it feel? After all this time in the league to be where you are now?

Talon

I'm feelin' rejuvenated and inspired big dawg!  I'm looking for the football every play, bringing hits and mashin' shit.

GM Bennett

That's good to hear. I'll let you get back to practice my man don't wanna keep you up here for too long.

Good luck this week.

---

Xeina gimme a few and I'll have us locked in for the week.

GM Bennett

Game One vs. Myrtle Beach Mastodons

Player Rotations:
Mostly Starters

Inactives/IR
FS | Tiff Fabulous | IR
OT | Clarence Martin | Suspended

Depth Chart Changes
LT1: Glen Johnson
LT2: Robert Lindsey
LT4: Clarence Martin [SUSP]

CB3: Ronnie Mazza
CB4: Brian Wong

FS1: David Ly
FS2: Melvin Lee
FS3: Michael Renteria
FS4: Tiff Fabulous [INJ]

SS1: John Jordan
SS2: David Ly

beware of the....
💀👻
UNDERGROUND!!!

GM Bennett

1. Talk us through opening week, what went as expected?  Where did you exceed expectations, and where did you fall short?
Um...Let's keep everything a buck. Let's be completely honest. We got our behinds handed to us. It was a poor showing. Pathetic even. I know these guys can do better. I know this team is better than what we seen. I know injuries have plagued us early and I know the O-Line has taken the biggest hit because of it among other things.

We gave up too much on both ends of the football. Our defense got picked apart. We're better than that. I believe we have one of the top secondaries in the league but we went out there and looked like one of the worst. They almost had 3 players with 100 yards receiving. That's terrible. One player okay but almost 3? Unacceptable. Our D-Line and our Linebackers did their jobs. They shut down the rushing attack and was able to get to the QB. Defense, gotta step it up. I know we're a lot better than that. Only real injury we had on defense was Tiff not being out there. There's no excuse for how bad we got killed out there through the air.

Offensively? Orion did everything he could with what he could work with. By that I mean the line gave up 1 too many sacks. He was pressured way too much, more than he should have. We gotta do better protecting the QB. We have one of the deepest receiving core's in the league. Orion should be out there having potentionally 500 yard games, I don't care if I might be reaching there but that's the kind of QB Orion is. And it wasn't until our QB started holding others accountable and hyping up the guys up building up their confidence that we were able to actually score.

If we're gonna be honest, the only thing we did better than Myrtle Beach last week was our rookie kicker was the best one out there. Shout out to the rook, Lawrence "You Know Who To..." Call.

Some might think I'm being too harsh. No, I am being real with myself and with others. I will never be nothing but authentic. I want the best for this team, this franchise and each and every soul under the Underground banner. Our team is better than what was displayed out there. I'm just pissed we weren't able to even show it. The preseason is over. Time to act like it.

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your opponents team?
David Nutt. You seen how he was terrorizing the offense. I don't need to say much else.

3. News Reaction
I watched that Cancun game against 'Bama. Crazy game man it was fun to watch. I can understand Nighthawks being mad about the antics Cancun did...So how you gonna respond? What are they gonna do the next time they meet? That'll be something to keep an eye on.

4. Do you feel like you put your team in the best position for success coming into this week 1 game?
I understand our O-Line isn't 100% so it's hindering our offense a bit. That said I think our team has all the tools to win we just didn't play like we wanted a dub. I hated to see it.

5. Talk about your opponent for week 2 and what you will need to see from your team.
We're hosting Charlette this week. They too lost last week but they had a much more competitive game than we did. Hopefully our guys come to play this time especially in front of our home fans.

Any questions?

Talon

With the struggles on the o-line, could this lead you to re-instate Clarence Martin from his suspension?

GM Bennett

Clarence will serve the entirety of his suspension.

Talon

And how long is that? We never heard an official length, that I noticed.

GM Bennett

He has one more game potentially. So he could come back in Week 3. Clarence is currently working on bettering himself for the team and himself as a professional football player. We understand he loves to pull pranks and have a good time. We love that about him but we believe what transpired after his last prank was the last straw for many in the locker room as well as across the league. We plan to meet next week to see how he's doing. The suspension could extend to one more game if we feel that is necessary.

No matter how things are going for our current line up on the O-Line, we will not budge from our agreed plan for Clarence. He understands that as well as everyone in our franchise. He regrets what has happened to both Melvin and Robert due to his actions and did not intend for them or his self to get hurt. Clarence wants to do right by his teammates and part of doing that is handling the consequences of his actions. This is just part of it.

This is bigger than a couple games. For him, this is about his career and I will do what I can to make sure he is able to secure that and better his reputation across the league and beyond as a professional athlete.

Talon

Now hey, I felt bad for Orion getting swarmed on every play, but I think we just bear down and weather this storm. We've got reinforcements coming with healthy players coming back. Lets beat the piss out of Charlotte and right the ship.

GM Bennett

YEAAAAAAAAHHH LETS FUCKING GO!!!!!

Ahem...

Sorry you got me a little riled up there, Coach. You're right, the healthier we are the better we can be going forward. The Crows are gonna be looking to attack our O-Line and Orion. We got exposed there but if we can weather the storm, we should be fine.

Talon

Glen Johnson... 11 missed blocks.  Do we swap him out or let him try to redeem himself?

GM Bennett

You know...Is Robert healthy enough to start till Clarence is back?

Talon

He is cleared for action.

GM Bennett

He's our man.

Christ...Freaking 11?

LOOKS AT STAT SHEET

This is ridiculous. Hopefully things are going well for Clarence and he's truly ready to come back to us healthy n focused.

Talon

Yeah, he got smoked.

GM Bennett

I'm considering making LeRoy our first string RB. Francisco doesn't seem to be doing what we brought him for. What you think, Coach?

Talon

Yeah, Francisco is frustrating. He has the talent, but just can't put it together.

GM Bennett

Alright I'll go ahead and make that change. We'll see how he does this week if need be I'll have a sit down with em and see what's going on.

I think that's the only changes we need to make right now. Obviously we got Tiff back this week so I hope that helps our secondary a bit.

Talon

Yeah, for sure.  Getting healthy never hurts.

GM Bennett

Alright Coach I'll let you get the guys ready for those Crows. Hope that punch is the mouth last week pissed them off enough to get a dub this week. Let's get this W.

---

Xeina I'll have us locked in shortly.

GM Bennett

Game Two vs. Charlotte Crows

Player Rotations:
Mostly Starters

Inactives/IR
TE | Andrew Hanlon | IR
OT | Clarence Martin | Suspended

Depth Chart Changes
LT1: Robert Lindsey
LT2: Glen Johnson
LT4: Clarence Martin [SUSP]

FS1: Tiff Fabulous
FS2: David Ly
FS3: Melvin Lee
FS4: Michael Renteria

RB1: LeRoy Brown
RB2: Francisco Johnson

beware of the....
💀👻
UNDERGROUND!!!

GM Bennett

1. Talk about your teams performance this week.
This week's game made our season opener look like a damn fever dream. I said what I said last week, and I don't take any of it back. The team listened to those words, looked themselves in the mirror then went out there and stood on business as the kids say. I was very happy to see how good of a response our guys gave. Especially in a home game in front of our fans giving them something to cheer about. Stuff like that is inspiring to see and makes you want to see how far this team can truly go.

You name it, our team excelled in every single way. "You Better Call On..." Lawrence continues to be perfect, Orion "The Celestial Hunter" Harris has awoken and proved me right after that 504 yard passing game...Hmm since we're following the theme of Orion's Belt...Oliver Giles, Roy Chandler and Joseph Hickson aka The Three Kings couldn't be stopped, the line held it's ground and didn't allow a single sack! Shout out to the rook Robert Lindsey for stepping up when his name was called! The defense was looking like the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin. You guys know...That part when the cave turned into a tiger or lion. Y'all know what I mean. They were just the gift that kept giving and they were scary as hell doing it.

It was a great week for us. I'm very happy bout what I seen and I'm sure our fans are as well.

2. How do you feel about your team after two weeks?
Week One was pathetic and embarrassing for our ball club. We were playing with no heart or passion. We didn't truly start playing until late in the game when our QB woke us up. That rolled into this week and it looked like two completely different teams out there. I'm happy about the ball club we have, especially when healthy. Especially when we're actually able to protect the QB. I think we should be happy but stay on our toes. We're not a perfect team by any means. I don't think any team in the league is no matter what the records might be. We should be cautiously optimistic going forward. Never get too comfortable with success.

3. News
Ever since Orion hit the "Orion's Belt" we've start producing a bunch of merch to sell exclusively in our stadium gift shop (and online for an extra $2). We've seen Underground fans on all of the social media sites doing the move. It's really taking off haha it's great to see. Orion Harris is a freaking star and it's time this league treats him as such.

4. Talk about your opponent for week 3 and what you will need to see from your team.
This upcoming week we'll be taking on the undefeated Cancun Mutineers. So far they've had an incredible start to the season and it doesn't surprise me that GM Eli has done such a great job developing, restructuring and revitalizing the Cancun franchise. I can sing his praises all day because of how much I respect the man...It's also kind of funny. Two former Lynx GM's going face to face. One who left voluntarily and another who didn't. Haha, good times...Right? Anyways as we both watched a team we help build go all the way to the Impact Bowl we now found ourselves rebuilding our new teams into truly competitive teams with the hopes to one day call themselves champions.

I'm hoping that with that next week in Cancun we can carry over our momentum we had here at home after we served the Crows...Some crow. It's gonna be a tough game but I think after getting hit in the mouth week one and getting that taste of sweet sweet success in week two? I think we have it in us to deliver Cancun their first loss of the season.

We'll be without LeRoy Brown & Andrew Hanlon this week so it's gonna be interesting how our offense does. We will also see if Clarence comes back this week or not we're hoping to have him back this week.

All that being said, are there any questions?

Talon

With the way our run defense is dominating teams so far this season, Cancun is going to have to beat us with their young QB Archibald.  I don't think the kid can hang with us.

GM Bennett

If we can put some pressure on that young man, it could give our secondary a chance to do some thanggggssss.

Speaking of defense though...How well do you imagine our line will hold up against their defense? If anything can be taken away from our game against the Crows, if our line can protect the QB, Orion can do Orion things.

Talon

Cancun has a better pass rush just with Peppers alone.  Its gonna be a challenge.

GM Bennett

Let's hope for the best then. With LeRoy out would it be feasible for us to list Herman as a RB as well as a FB in order for us to try and get some more production from him in the backfield?

Talon

Yeah, we can definitely do that.

GM Bennett

Perfect.

Alright...If you wanna stick around for this Coach I won't be opposed to it but I think it's time we see how Clarence is doing.

---

BENNETT OPENS DESK DRAWER AND LOOKS AT WHOOPEE CUSHION. PULLS IT OUT AND PLACES IT THE SEAT CLARENCE WOULD SIT IN. SITS BACK IN HIS CHAIR SATISFIED WITH HIMSELF AND PRESSES THE INTERCOM BUTTON TO XEINA'S DESK.

Xeina, we're ready to see Clarence Martin. Can you have him join us in my office please? Thank you.

Talon

CLARENCE MARTIN ENTERS THE OFFICE, LOOKING A SHELL OF HIS FORMER SELF.  CLEARLY HIS SUPSENSION TIME HAS HIT HIM HARD AND HE HAS LOST HIS SMILE.   HE SLOWLY SHUFFLES IN, RAISING HIS HANDS AS HE WALKS

Hey boss... listen.  I understand I was out of line and my pranks have no place in my professional life, so don't worry. I learned my lesson and you can believe me when I say- ---

CLARENCE SITS DOWN AS HE SPEAKS, CUT OFF BY THE SOUND OF THE WHOOPIE CUSHION.  SUDDENLY A SPARK IGNITES IN HIS EYES, HIS LIFE RUSHES BACK INTO HIS SOUL AND HIS SMILE BEAMS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE FACILITY.

HE LETS OUT A GUTTURAL BELLY LAUGH AND SLAPS HIS KNEE

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! YOU GOT ME!!

WOW... Man I was about to tell you my life as I know it was dead and gone, and that I was gonna just commit to being a boring ass football player until CTE took me out or whatever would come, but man...

You just saved my life bruh.  On God, bro.

What you just did... man you don't even know.

You. Dont. Even. Know.

...Thank you Mr. Bennett.  Believe me, I learned my lesson and Im not going to put people at risk ever again, but thank you for showing me I can still be me, that this world needs some laughter and joy, man.  This dark ass world needs some light.  You get it.  I love you for that, for real, for real.

GM Bennett

BENNETT WIPES AWAY A FEW TEARS AFTER HEARING HOW DOWN IN THE DUMPS CLARENCE WAS THEN TO SEE THAT SUDDEN BURST OF LIFE. WES GETS UP TO HIS FEET AND WALKS AROUND THE DESK OVER TO CLARENCE WAVING HIM IN FOR A HUG. THE TWO MEN EMBRACE AS WES PATS CLARENCE ON THE BACK LIKE A PROUD FATHER.

Love ya too my man, love ya too.

THE TWO MEN RETURN TO THEIR SEATS AS SOME SNIFFLES ARE HEARD OF TO THE SIDE. THE TWO LOOK OVER TO COACH FEDORA WHO TOO GOT CHOKED UP.

Ah fuck it, bring it in Coach.

CLARENCE AND WES GET UP ONCE MORE AND EMBRACE IN A GROUP HUG WITH COACH FEDORA. THE THREE MEN THEN RETURN TO THEIR SEATS WIPING AWAY SOME TEARS BUT FILLING THE ROOM WITH SMILES.

Clarence, that's exactly what I wanna hear. Never stop being you but know the time and place for the pranking. I'm very happy to hear that you don't wanna put people at risk, though I know you didn't intend to do that in the first place.

I'm glad this time away helped you out but I don't want you getting so down on yourself that you feel like you can't be yourself. I'm sure your teammates want you to bring that joy to the locker room and it'd be weird to have you not be yourself and seem like a robot. No, no, no. Smile. Have fun. Play the sport that you love and have a career in.

That being said Clarence, your presence has been missed on the O-Line. Robert Lindsey was able to get the job done in your absence last week but we were terrible the week before. We're gonna be facing a lot of tough pass rushes and we're gonna need you out there making sure we keep Orion upright. As I told you before, who knows how good you can be if you were to focus on your game while here. I know you missed being out there and I know you can't wait to get back to it. And with this new focus that you have on life I believe we can see the best out of you on and off the field.

Needless to say, I'm proud of you and glad to see this time away has helped but more so that you know that you can be you all while focusing more on being the best player you can be.

Clarence, I'm fully reinstating you and you are off suspension.

Talon

LETS GO! I'M BACK BABY!

GM Bennett

Haha, okay fellas you guys can head back to the locker room and get ready for practice. It's good to have you back Clarence.

---

Xeina, gimme a few I'll have us locked in here shortly.